Need to make a Complaint?
We are sorry if you need to make a complaint. Please contact us in one of the ways set out here so we can resolve it as soon as possible.
To make a complaint over the phone, please call us on 0330 175 6817*.
Alternatively, you can put your complaint in writing and send it to:
PO Box 700
Calls to 0330 175 6817* will be charged at a standard national rate. Call costs from mobile companies and operators may vary so please check before calling. Calls may be recorded or monitored for training and security purposes and to help us manage your account
You can make a complaint online by logging into your online account manager.
If you are not registered for our online services, it's easy to sign up.
Alternatively, if you are not a marbles customer but wish to make a complaint, you can do so here.
When we receive your complaint, we promise to:
- Let you know after 5 days that we have received your complaint, if it has not already been resolved.
- For complaints relating to making payments and transactions, try our best to resolve your complaint within 15 working days from the date of receipt of your complaint.
- In exceptional circumstances it may take up to 35 working days, but we will let you know if this is the case.
- For all other complaints, write to you within 4 weeks if we have not managed to resolve your complaint.
- Try our best to deal with your complaint within 8 weeks. If we need more time, we will let you know.
Following our response
We always want to be able to resolve your complaint to your full satisfaction. However, if you feel our response to your complaint does not fully address your concerns, please let us know so we can understand if there is anything more we can do.
You can contact us via any of the communication channels detailed above. However, where you’re not satisfied with our final response, or eight weeks have passed since you first raised your complaint with us, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You have six months from the date of our final response to refer your complaint to them.
The Financial Ombudsman Service
The Financial Ombudsman Service is an external body which plays a key role in the complaints process.
The Financial Ombudsman is an impartial and independent organisation formed to help settle individual disputes between consumers and financial services businesses without taking sides.
Taking a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service
If we have not been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction once we have given you our decision, you may be able to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman. They will only investigate your complaint if you have already tried to resolve it with us first or if it has been more than eight weeks since you first raised your complaint with NewDay.
If you are going to the Financial Ombudsman Service because you are unhappy with the outcome, you will need to do this within six months of receiving our final response letter.
You also need to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service within six years from the event you are complaining about (or - if later - three years from when you knew, or could reasonably have known, you had cause to complain).
Contacting the Financial Ombudsman Service
You can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service by:
Post: Financial Ombudsman Service
Telephone: 0800 0 234 567
Before you are entitled to go to the Financial Ombudsman Service, you may find it helpful to make use of the FLA’s conciliation scheme to resolve your complaint. You can write to: the FLA's Conciliation and Independent Arbitration Scheme, addressed to:
The Compliance Manager
Finance & Leasing Association
London WC2B 6UN
Fax: 020 7420 9600
We also subscribe to the Lending Code which is monitored and enforced by the Lending Standards Board.
Lines are open six days a week, Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm and Saturday 9am to 5pm. We are closed on Sunday.
* Calls may be recorded and monitored for training and security purposes and to help us manage your account. Calls to 03 numbers will be charged at a standard national rate. Call costs from mobile companies and operators may vary so please check before calling.